Thursday 3 January 2013

WHEN I RAN/WALKED AROUND THE WALLS OF ISTANBUL CITY

On 2nd December 2012. i ran/walked around the historical walls of the Istanbul city.
At first started as a normal run/walk. but with the passage of time, it rather became a tour of the wall sort of adventure. I enjoyed this adventure a lot.

The technical details and history of these walls can be found at the following link
THE WALLS OF THE ISTANBUL CITY


Here are some of the photos taken that day.
I started off at around 10 am from the Galata bridge, headed north towards Eyup. The Haleej was on my right side. . I turned left to continue following the wall. I passed by a number of gates in this part of the wall. The most important one for me was the gate from which the Fultan Fatih had entered the city.  Then again i turned left, after the YEDIKULE, towards the Marmara portion of the wall, and continued running/walking on the Kennedy Boulvard,till i reach back the starting point (Galata bridge), after passing through the Yeni Kapi, Sirkeci and Eminonu. The beautiful scenery of marmara sea remained on my right hand side, during this period of my run/walk.

You may follow this wonderful adventure with me by following the timings printed on the photographs hereunder.

You can also see that the runner/walker from inside me was in fact looking at these walls with the eyes of a keen adventure loving journalist, and photographer.














ON 29TH MAY 1453, THE VICTORIOUS FORCES OF SULTAN MOHAMMAD FATIH HAD ENTERED THE ISTANBUL CITY FROM THIS GATE





















                                                  THE TOPKAPI GATE







                                          MY TIRED SHOES AT THE END OF THE DAY

1 comment:

  1. Teşekkürler AHMET ABDULAZİZ çok güzel bir geziydi

    ReplyDelete